Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Pier pressure's first show




Well, last Saturday was a blast, it was my first show with my new band, PIER PRESSURE. I had about 50 of my friends show up to a local bar in San Mateo, called the Swingin Door, where the old Prince of Wales Pub used to be. It was so much fun! Matt, the new guitar player, tore it up! He is amazing, and Jesse and Scot were ON as usual! They're so awesome! We played for over 3 hours, and almost ran out of songs. Even my college professor showed up from San Jose. I can't wait til next week, we'll be playing at Maggie McGarry's in North Beach the night before Thanksgiving. Last week was pretty cool, I got to go surfing, with Cameron and Catherine, first time in a few weeks, although it was cold, it was so worth it. Then, I had several people over for dinner on Monday, played a little pictionary(kind of got dirty after a while)....and went go kart racing on Sunday in Burlingame with my friend Chris. I finally found my stools for my kitchen bar counter that I've been searching for over a year (well, my designer friend Kellie found them), and we proceeded to run and dive in the middle of the aisle filled with pillows and comforters in ROSS , San Mateo. Classy, huh?


Among that, I got to see Jeff Riddle's two friends playing live at a cute Bistro in Redwood City called Angelina's, last Wednesday, and both of them were named Martin. We had a group dinner, nice food, and enjoyed great folk type music, originals, and Jeff stood in with Martin for a few songs. Last night was MOnday night football at Cameron's house~ always a good time. Catherine Dennis moved in with me this month, we went to high school together, so we're having a ball.

No comments: